Skip to main content

Orchid fertilizer tips

Let's start our post with my latest bloom....RLC Summers Creation




Not all fertilizers are created......Since Ive been keeping orchids, I have began to fine tune my watering procedures. Ive started to check the ph of my water to keep it around 5.8/6. Ive been switching around fertilizers and have found that certain fertilizers will adjust the ph of your water to 6 for you. How cool!! There is no such thing as a good or bad fertilizer. You just have to know how to use it.


Quick facts, PH will effect micronutrient absorption.

MiracleGro Orchid Fertilizer






Now, this is not a bad product and it gets a pretty bad rap. I ha e noticed that when I add it to adjust water, it raises ph, so I have had to use more ph down with this.


Better Grow Orchid Food


I love this product! It pre adjusts my water to 6.0 for me at the recommended 1 teaspoon dosage. For my cattleyas and phrags, I do have to add some ph down, but not much. This has magnesium in it and does a great job of greening up your plants.



MSU Fertilizer for hard/tap water (Red Jar)


This is by far my favorite foodm It is a little on the steep side at 20 dollara for a small jar but the higher potassium dosage paired with the a idifying quality of the fertilizer is hard to beat. This formula was designed for hard water folks like us here in Ohio.


Comments